Hello NMOTA members,
With just a few weeks left until conference, we are seeking volunteers to help it to become another huge success! This year’s conference will be September 13-14, 2019 at the Marriott in Albuquerque. This is a great opportunity to network with other professionals, learn about different OT practices, and is a great addition to your resume!
We are still in the process of putting tasks together, but here are some ideas of how we could use your help:
Before the event
· Go to local businesses to ask for donations for the silent auction (7-10 people)
· Put together presenter packets (1 person)
· Go to restaurants to ask for discounts (1-3 people)
· Silent Auction- to assist coordinator before and during as needed (3 people)
· Hand deliver conference flyers to OT places of work (all)
· Make goody bags for presenters (3-5 people)
Day of the event:
· Registration/welcome committee (3 people)
· Internet access code posted on the board (1 person)
· Assistance with AV (1 person)
· Room monitors (6-8 people for both Friday and Saturday)
Please let us know if you are interested in being a part of this year’s conference. Volunteers must be registered to attend the 2019 conference, but will receive a highly discounted conference rate of $60. This is a great deal for those interested in helping out! Please contact the Conference Committee (contact information listed below) to express your interest in volunteering. After your name has been added to the volunteer roster, you will receive an email with the link for registration with the discount code (please do not register until this code has been received to avoid paying full price).
Thank you so much!!
NMOTA Conference Committee Co-Chairs: